"A fast-moving crime thriller for school pupils aimed at tackling Scotland’s sectarianism and racism."
Paul Murdoch, born the son of slater in 1961, began performing on stage at the age of 8 and in his teens played live music all over before turning to writing in 2007. His first book - The Magic scales - was published in 2008 and he has went on to produce a further 6 novels and 5 picture books. Paul has mainly written fantasy adventure books for children 9-12. The first three novels in his latest series THE PECK CHRONICLES are Talisman, Citadel and Tyrant- all published by Strident. Paul also wrote the children's eco-thriller - Windscape. which was subsequently nominated for the Grampian Children's Book Award. The follow up - THE EGG THIEF was released in 2017. Paul released his latest novel - Sunny during at the Aye Write Festival in March 2018. This book has been compaired to The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and Divided City. Paul also wrote the Tiffy Toffy picture-books which have been used by UNICEF and other charities all over the world to teach English and to help younger children with counting.
Paul has 10 years' experience performing author visits, not just in the UK, but all over the world...
With more than 300 schools and 30,000 children visited... He has worked with the following groups:
- Pre-school, nurseries and play groups: ages 4 plus, with his Tiffy Toffy picture books.
- Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Independent Schools, Steiner Schools.
- Education Scotland GLOW - Paul is a GLOW author blogger. He has produced videos on Book Launches, Bali and Stone Circles.
- Bereaved Children’s Groups: ages 4 - 14.
- Worked with Mental Health carers and clients.
- Special Needs and Access Schools – working with children who have emotional and behavioural issues.
- Festivals and Special Events – The Wigtown Book Festival, The Aberdeen Storytelling Festival, The Borders Book Festival,
The Encounters Festival, The New Lanark Schools Book Festival, The Levengrove Festival, The Edinburgh Book Festival. Aye Write Festival, Off the Page Festival...
- Creative Writing Groups - Adults and Children - Character development, Plot Planning, Settings, Real Dialogue etc
- Public Library and School Library Visits.
- Keynote speaches at school prizegivings.
- International school visits to Germany, Holland and a major Scottish Government backed Cross-Cultural visit to the jungles of Bali,
where he worked for a month with 19 tribes in 6 schools.
- Working with Charities – Asthma UK, UNICEF, The Heroes Centre, East Bali Poverty Project.
- Government Organisations - Education Scotland, Local Authorities. Author blogs and video TV for GLOW
- Paul is a SCOTTISH BOOK TRUST author.
- Paul has a great amount of business experience - He sat on the UK Commercial Leadership Team of a major pharmaceutical company.
- Teacher and Company Presentations - Conference syndicate work project planning, presentations etc.
- Book Shop Events - WHSmith, Waterstones and many independent stores.
- Although a group of 25 - 50 is ideal, he has worked with a variety of group sizes; from 4 to 400 at one time.
- He enjoys travelling, and has worked in hundreds of schools everywhere from Barra to Bali...
- Paul worked with Abertay University and FITSTARS to develop educational apps and games that help with young children's fitness.
- Paul is an Asthma UK Children's Ambassador and has worked in cross party meetings at The Scottish Parliament.
The charity has endorsed and arranged many of his school visits.
- Paul has been inducted into the Heroes Center Hall of Fame for his services to Literature.
- For booking details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on : 07784235151